RYA Yachtmaster Ocean
RYA Yachtmaster Ocean Course
This five day course teaches the knowledge needed for making ocean passages. The course covers sextant navigation, using the sun, stars and planets as well as worldwide meteorology.
The planning and making of ocean passages and satellite navigation are also important parts of the syllabus.
- Course fee: 875 Euros
- Previous knowledge: Navigation to ‘Yachtmaster Offshore’ standard
- Duration: 5 days
- Course venue: Beaulieu sur Mer
RYA Yachtmaster Ocean Certificate of Competence Exam
In order to be eligible for the ‘RYA Yatchmaster Ocean Exam’ you need to hold the following;
- ‘RYA Yactmaster offshore certificate of competence’
- The ‘RYA Yachtmaster ocean shorebased course completion certificate’
- Log book or evidence of completion of an ocean passage of over 600 miles non-stop, where the vessel is more than 50 miles from land for a minimum of 200 of these miles. The vessel must have been at sea for continuously for 96 hours.
Examination fee payable to the RYA £159
RYA Yachtmaster Offshore & Coastal
RYA / MCA Yachtmaster® Offshore/ Coastal Exam Preparation Course
The first four days of this course are spent preparing for the examination for the coveted ‘RYA Yachtmaster®' Certificate of Competence’.
The course takes place on a twin engine motor cruiser. Night exercises are included in the course to ensure that all candidates are prepared for this important part of the course.
- Course fee: 1,600 Euro per person (plus examination fees of £210 GBP) (see also packages below)
- Previous knowledge: Click here for PDF information sheet
- Duration: 6 days (including exam)
- Course venue: Beaulieu sur Mer or own boat tuition
RYA Yachtmaster Theory & Practical Preparation Course plus PPR 2,650€ (including exam fees)
RYA Yachtmaster Theory & Practical Preparation Course plus online VHF & PPR 2,800€ (including exam fees)
Why choose Oceanpro for your Yachtmaster course?
- Small course sizes.
- Pre-study tuition available.
- Four full days of training on practical course before the final exam.
- PPR training included for commercial endorsement.
WHERE TO FIND US
Oceanpro, 1 Rue Paul Doumer, 06310, Beaulieu Sur Mer, France Tel: France +33(0)6 85 97 22 91 Tel: +33 (0)4 93 53 65 95
On May 17, 2018, a prefectural decree (# 086/2018) has just been filed by the Maritime Prefecture of the Mediterranean. This decree regulates the speed at sea around Cap d'Antibes. In an area defined by virtual points (geographic coordinates), the speed is now limited...