RYA Yachtmaster Ocean
RYA Yachtmaster Ocean Course
This five day course teaches the knowledge needed for making ocean passages. The course covers sextant navigation, using the sun, stars and planets as well as worldwide meteorology.
The planning and making of ocean passages and satellite navigation are also important parts of the syllabus.
- Course fee: 875 Euros
- Previous knowledge: Navigation to ‘Yachtmaster Offshore’ standard
- Duration: 5 days
- Course venue: Beaulieu sur Mer
RYA Yachtmaster Ocean Certificate of Competence Exam
In order to be eligible for the ‘RYA Yatchmaster Ocean Exam’ you need to hold the following;
- ‘RYA Yactmaster offshore certificate of competence’
- The ‘RYA Yachtmaster ocean shorebased course completion certificate’
- Log book or evidence of completion of an ocean passage of over 600 miles non-stop, where the vessel is more than 50 miles from land for a minimum of 200 of these miles. The vessel must have been at sea for continuously for 96 hours.
Examination fee payable to the RYA £159
WHERE TO FIND US
Oceanpro, 1 Rue Paul Doumer, 06310, Beaulieu Sur Mer, France Tel: France +33(0)6 85 97 22 91 Tel: +33 (0)4 93 53 65 95
Within the 300 meters shore limit : In French territorial waters, the speed limit is set at 5 knots for the entire year within the 300 meters shores limit which applies also to all islands and rocky outcrops.