VHF SRC Radio Theory Course
VHF – SRC Radio Theory Course
The Short Range Certificate is the minimum qualification required by law to control the operation of VHF and VHF Digital Selective Calling (DSC)
The course can now be taken online through our interactive site. It offers a flexible approach, enabling you to learn where and when it suits you.
Course topics include:
- The basics of radio operation
- The correct frequencies (channels) to be used
- Distress, emergency and medical assistance procedures
- Making ship to shore communication
- Digital Selective Calling (DSC) using simulators
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- Search and Rescue Transponders (SART)
Following the course and after you have completed the ‘Pre-exam Knowledge Check’ the final exam is taken at an RYA SRC training centre.
- Course fee: 100 Euros (plus exam fee of £60 GBP payable to the RYA).
- Previous knowledge: None required
- Duration: 8 hours
- Course venue: Online