Super Yacht Jet Ski Training Centre
Setting up an RYA Super Yacht PWC / Jet Ski Training Centre
Super Yachts can now become recognised by the RYA to run the new ‘PWC Safety Course’ for guests, owners and crew.
Successful trainees receive an RYA certificate valid onboard the specified yacht. This certificate is valid for one year for superyacht crew, six months for regular guests and the duration of the charter for other guests.
– Layout of a PW
– Propulsion and steering system
– Personal safety equipment
– Essential safety information. Kill cord, safe speed, local hazards etc
– Collision avoidance
– Practical control slow and high speed
– Re-boarding in deep water
– Local Hazards and regulations
– Communication with Safety Boat
Ability after course – Operate a PW in good conditions under supervision.
What you need to get your yacht recognised to run this course:
- A crew member trained as an RYA PWC Instructor
- One or more PWCs and relevant equipment. (Please see equipment checklists below)
- An operations manual stating how PWC operations take place onboard.
- Safety cover in the form of a powerboat or tender. (Please see equipment checklists below)
We offer a complete service including training instructors and assistance to complete the process of RYA recognition, including your operations manual.
PWC Instructor courses can also be arranged on-board so that the Yachts crew can deliver the RYA Introduction to PWC Safety course. On board tuition minimises disruption to the Yachts routine as key crew members can remain onboard during re-fit and ship yard periods. We can also use the time to advise in setting the Yacht up as an RYA Training Centre.
Requirements to run this course onboard your yacht :
- You must have a minimum of 3 candidates (maximum 6)*
- The yacht must be registered as an RYA Recognised Training Centre or have applied for RYA recognition.*
- Permission to use PWCs must be obtained from the local authority or harbour master.
*Regulations for running the course on board a Yacht issued by the RYA Training Department in the UK
RYA applications & checklists