Terms and conditions
- A minimum of 25% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm the booking. The remainder will be payable one week before the commencement of the course. It should be noted that in exceptional circumstances (bereavement etc), fees may be refundable. In all cases this decision rests with the principal.
- All fees must be paid in full before any certificate is awarded.
Exam/ Certificate Fees
- Unless otherwise stated, prices quoted are exclusive of any exam/certificate fees payable to the RYA or other external body.
- For the RYA PWC/ Jet Ski course the minimum age is 16.
- For RYA Powerboat courses the following applies;
- Minimum age 14.
- Children aged 14-16 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or sibling aged over 16.
- Under certain circumstances groups of 2 or more 14-16 year olds will be accepted.
- Students under 18 years of age will require written authority of a parent/guardian.
- Oceanpro is insured for instruction, the schools vessels and equipment. However this does not cover the students personal possessions, motorcars, negligence / injury or disablement however caused. Students are strongly recommended to take out personal and cancellation insurance.
- If in the instructors opinion any student is under the influence of the above they will no longer be able to participate in the course. No refund of course fees will be made.
- Own Boat Tuition
Vessels used for own boat tuition must be adequately insured to cover all eventualities. It
should be noted that the final responsibility for the vessel lies with the owner/student.
- Certificates will not be issued automatically. If in the instructors opinion the student has not reached the required standard the student may be asked to re-sit any examination.
- ICC certificates are not available to all nationalities. Please see ICC form for eligibility.
- Candidates for Coastal Skipper & Yachtmaster Offshore Exams must have the required experience as detailed in RYA publication G18
- In the event of course cancellation by Oceanpro, Oceanpro will refund the course fee but will not be liable to any other expenditure or loss of earnings that has been incurred by the client.
- Oceanpros liability in the event of a cancellation (for any reason) is limited solely to course fees paid.
- In the event of any non-performance, partial performance or delay resulting wholly or partly from any force majeure or occurrence/ circumstance beyond Oceanpro’s control including the acts or omissions of third parties, labour difficulties, weather conditions, technical breakdown or accident to any vessel or part of it, natural disaster or the act of any authority, then Oceanpro shall use reasonable endeavours to continue or perform the booking, but otherwise shall have no liability to the student. The student shall be liable to pay such part of the price as is applicable to that part of the booking which has been performed (if any), and all expenses connected with it. Anything in excess already paid by the student to Oceanpro shall be refunded. Oceanpros determination of the applicable part of the price and the connected expenses shall be conclusive in the absence of any manifest error.